FIRST BAPTIST BROOKLINE
A Christ Centered, Caring Church
Our Church

Our church family has been in the business of helping others for over 140 years! First Baptist Church of Brookline began as a small country church in 1862 -- check out our History Highlights below. We are a member of the Southern Baptist Convention and are a mission minded church giving a percentage of our budget to various foreign and local missions.

First Baptist Brookline History Highlights church circa 1948
  • 1862 - Union Baptist Church opened its doors. The church was located two miles west of the little village of Brookline.
  • 1872 - The church was reorganized and the name changed to Brookline Baptist Church.
  • 1882 - A new frame building was built on ground donated by the St. Louis-San Francisco Railroad in the village of Brookline. The church had a membership of 35 and the building and property was valued at $850.00.
  • 1973 - The membership outgrew the space and a new building was erected on land donated by Wayne and Mabel Trogdon located one mile north of Brookline on State Highway MM (which is our current location).
  • 1983-1984 - Under the leadership of a new pastor, the church voted to build additional class rooms, fellowship hall (where the nursery is currently located), kitchen, and pastor’s study.
  • 1990 - The church name was changed to First Baptist Church of Brookline. The fellowship continued to grow.
  • 1991 - The circle drive and canopy was added.
  • 1994 - Educational wing was added.
  • 2000 - An additional eight acres was purchased north of the present church and the Family Life Center was built with more class rooms, new offices and a gym.
  • 2003 - James River Freeway extended to Interstate 44 and now runs just south of the church. Easy access!
  • 2005 - The village of Brookline was consolidated with the City of Republic.
>
First Baptist Brookline, 2044 South State Highway MM, Springfield, MO 65802